from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is insignificant.
- n. Obsolete An ant.
- adj. Not important; insignificant: "Some pissant Texas court wants to make [the company] pay . . . more than $10 billion in reparations” ( New Republic).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ant.
- n. An insignificant person.
- n. A person who adheres strictly to a rule or policy despite current circumstances.
- n. A person seemingly incapable of focusing on anything but the trivial, especially in the sense of trivial or irrelevant criticism.
- adj. Insignificant or unimportant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Worthless or of no significance.
Modeled on pismire.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From piss + ant, because of the urine-like smell of anthills. Compare pismire. (Wiktionary)