from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Located in a dismal or remote area.
- adj. Desolate; forlorn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Particularly awful; very bad; miserable; terrible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. deserted and unhospitable.
- adj. forlorn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Seeming as if forsaken by God; hence, forlorn; desolate; miserable.
- Cast out or abandoned by God; supremely wicked; utterly reprobate: as, a God-forsaken community or band of pirates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. located in a dismal or remote area; desolate
Sorry, no etymologies found.