from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A dog.
- intransitive v. To bulge; protrude. Used with out: "a little roll of flab that pooches out above the tight waists of their spandex trunks” ( Megan Rosenfeld).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dog
- n. A dog of mixed breed, a mongrel
- n. A bulge, an enlarged part
- n. A distended or swelled condition.
- v. To distend, to swell or extend beyond normal limits; usually used with out.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. round one's lips as if intending to kiss
- n. informal terms for dogs
Alteration of pouch.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)