from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or pursuing advanced study after graduation from high school or college.
- n. One who is engaged in postgraduate study.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person continuing to study in a field after having successfully completed a degree course.
- adj. Those studies which take place after having successfully completed a degree course.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or designating, the studies pursued after graduation, esp., after receiving the bachelor's degree at a college; graduate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging or relating to or prosecuting a course of study pursued after graduation: as, postgraduate lectures; a postgraduate course of study; a postgraduate student.
- n. A graduate; one studying after graduation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to studies beyond a bachelor's degree
- n. a student who continues studies after graduation
Sorry, no etymologies found.