from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A college or university student who has not yet received a bachelor's or similar degree.
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of undergraduates: undergraduate courses; undergraduate humor.
- adj. Having the standing of an undergraduate: an undergraduate transfer student.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A student at a university who has not yet received a degree.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being an undergraduate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A member of a university or a college who has not taken his first degree; a student in any school who has not completed his course. Contrasted with
- adj. Of or pertaining to an undergraduate, or the body of undergraduates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A student or member of a university or college who has not taken his first degree.
- Of or pertaining to an undergraduate, or undergraduates collectively: as, undergraduate studies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a university student who has not yet received a first degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.