from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or characteristic of a sophomore.
- adj. Exhibiting great immaturity and lack of judgment: sophomoric behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or characteristic of a sophomore
- adj. conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed and immature
- adj. pretentious; inflated in style or manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a sophomore; resembling a sophomore; hence, pretentious; inflated in style or manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a sophomore or a sophomore class.
- Characteristic of the traditional sophomore; bombastic; inflated; conceited; complacently ignorant; immature and over-confident.
Sorry, no etymologies found.