from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place of business where alcoholic beverages are sold and drunk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A public house, where beverages, primarily alcoholic, may be bought and drunk. Many pubs also provide food and/or entertainment.
- v. To go to one or more public houses.
- n. A publication.
- v. to publish
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A public house; a tavern.
- n. An abbreviation of public, publish, or publisher.
- n. An abbreviation of published
- n. of publication.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms; often provides light meals
Short for public house.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Short form of public, from public house (Wiktionary)
Abbreviation of publication (Wiktionary)
Abbreviation of publish (Wiktionary)