from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Great physical beauty and appeal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Physical beauty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That quality of appearance which pleases the eye; beauty; comeliness; grace; loveliness.
- n. Attractive moral excellence; moral beauty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Beauty; comeliness; handsomeness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. physical beauty (especially of a woman)
Middle English pulcritude, from Latin pulchritūdō, from pulcher, pulchr-, beautiful.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Middle English pulcritude, from Latin pulchritūdō, from pulcher ("beautiful"). (Wiktionary)