from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The house in which a parish priest or minister lives.
- n. An Anglican rector's dwelling.
- n. An Anglican rector's office and benefice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The residence of Roman Catholic priest(s) associated with a parish church.
- n. The residence of an Anglican rector.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The province of a rector; a parish church, parsonage, or spiritual living, with all its rights, tithes, and glebes.
- n. A rector's mansion; a parsonage house.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A parish church, parsonage, or spiritual living, with all its rights, tithes, and glebes.
- n. A rector's mansion or parsonage-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an official residence provided by a church for its parson or vicar or rector
Sorry, no etymologies found.