from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Rose-colored: the roseate glow of dawn.
- adj. Cheerful or bright; optimistic: a roseate outlook.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like the rose flower; pink; rosy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of roses; rosy.
- adj. resembling a rose in color or fragrance; esp., tinged with rose color; blooming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of roses; consisting of roses; prepared from roses.
- Of a rose color; blooming: as, roseate beauty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of something having a dusty purplish pink color
From Latin roseus, rosy, from rosa, rose.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
rose + -ate (“like, similar to”). (Wiktionary)