from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A card game, played in many variations, in which the object is to obtain sets of three or more cards of the same rank or suit.
- n. Slang A drunkard.
- adj. Chiefly British Odd, strange, or dangerous; rum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a card game with many rule variants, conceptually similar to mahjong.
- n. a rum-drinking alcoholic.
- adj. rum; peculiar; odd
- adj. Resembling or tasting of rum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to rum; characteristic of rum; as a rummy flavor.
- n. One who drinks rum; an habitually intemperate person.
- adj. Strange; odd.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to rum: as, a rummy flavor.
- Rum; queer.
- n. A drunkard; also one who favors the liquor traffic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chronic drinker
- adj. beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
- n. a card game based on collecting sets and sequences; the winner is the first to meld all their cards
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)