from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not usual, common, or ordinary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unlike what is expected; differing in some way from the norm.
- adj. More than usual.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not usual; uncommon; rare
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not usual; not frequent; not common; rare; strange; as, an unusual season; a person of unusual erudition.
- Synonyms Uncommon, unwonted, singular, remarkable, odd.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird
- adj. not usual or common or ordinary
- adj. not commonly encountered
Sorry, no etymologies found.