from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being salient.
- n. A pronounced feature or part; a highlight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being salient.
- n. A highlight; perceptual prominence, or likelihood of being noticed.
- n. Relative importance based on context.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being salient; a leaping; a springing forward; an assaulting.
- n. The quality or state of projecting, or being projected; projection; protrusion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fact or condition of being salient; the state of projecting or being projected; projection; protrusion.
- n. A projection; any part or feature of an object or whole which protrudes or juts out beyond its general surface, as a molding considered with reference to a wall which it decorates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being salient
Sorry, no etymologies found.