from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sweet chilled beverage made of wine or other alcoholic liquor and grated nutmeg.
- n. See sangria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mixed drink common in the West Indies, similar to sangria and usually featuring wine or fortified wine and spices.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Wine and water sweetened and spiced, -- a favorite West Indian drink.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wine, more especially red wine diluted with water, sweetened, and flavored with nutmeg, used as a cold drink. Varieties of it are named from the wine employed: as, port-wine sangaree.
- To mix with water and sweeten; make sangaree of: as, to sangaree port-wine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sweetened red wine and orange or lemon juice with soda water
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)