from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variety of corn, Zea mays everta, having hard kernels that burst to form white, irregularly shaped puffs when heated.
- n. The edible popped kernels of this variety of corn.
- n. A small piece, as of polystyrene, used in quantity to protect items during packaging and shipment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A snack food made from corn kernels popped by dry heating.
- n. A kind of stitch similar to a bobble.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Popped corn; corn which has been popped.
- n. See pop corn under pop, n..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several varieties of Indian corn suitable for “popping.”
- n. Corn thus prepared; popped corn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. corn having small ears and kernels that burst when exposed to dry heat
- n. small kernels of corn exploded by heat
Contraction of popped corn.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From English popped (shortned) + corn (Wiktionary)