from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that scorches: an iron that was a scorcher.
- n. Informal An extremely hot day.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, scorches.
- n. A very hot day.
- n. A very good goal, notably made with a very hard shot
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a very hot day.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anything that burns or parches; anything that is very hot: as, this day has been a scorcher.
- n. Anything caustic, biting, or severe: as, that critique was a scorcher.
- n. One who rides very fast on a bicycle or in a motor-car.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an extremely hot day
- n. a very hard hit ball
scorch + -er (Wiktionary)