from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Not often; infrequently or rarely. See Usage Note at rarely.
- adj. Archaic Infrequent; rare.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. infrequently, rarely.
- adj. rare; infrequent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Rarely; not often; not frequently.
- adj. Rare; infrequent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rarely; not often; infrequently.
- Rare; infrequent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. not often
Middle English, from Old English seldum, alteration of seldan.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old English seldan. (Wiktionary)