from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The shadbush or one of its fruit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A genus (Amelanchier) of about 25 species of small deciduous trees and large shrubs in the family Rosaceae.
- n. the berry of this plant
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. edible purple or red berries
- n. any of various North American trees or shrubs having showy white flowers and edible blue-black or purplish fruit
service (tree) + berry.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)