from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sports Thrown with or marked by a sideways motion of the arm between shoulder and hip height and relatively parallel to the ground: a sidearm baseball pitch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A personal weapon normally carried in a holster on the body of a wielder for immediate use.
- v. To throw a ball with one's arm roughly parallel to the ground.
- adv. With one's arm roughly parallel to the ground.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a sidearm manner
- adj. (of pitches) made with the arm moving parallel to the ground
side + arm (Wiktionary)