from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Slang With force and much noise: drove slam-bang through the barricade; a slam-bang collision.
- adv. Slang With heedless speed; slapdash.
- adv. Slang With vigorous relentless action and pace: a thriller that proceeds slam-bang to its conclusion; a slam-bang movie car chase.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Noisy, raucous.
- adj. Violent, forceful
- adj. Impressive, exciting.
- adv. Shot or hit with a noise
- n. Noisy activity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With great violence; with a slamming or banging noise.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as slap-bang.
- To move with violence or noise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with heedless speed
- adv. in a careless or reckless manner
- adj. violent and sudden and noisy
- adv. in a violent or sudden or noisy manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.