from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Bragging or blustering manner or behavior.
- n. A fanfare.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Empty boasting, wildly self-assertive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A swaggering; vain boasting; ostentation; a bluster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A swaggering; vain boasting; ostentation; bluster.
- To make a flourish or display; bluster.
French fanfaronnade, from Spanish fanfarronada, bluster, from fanfarrón, a braggart, perhaps from Arabic farfār, talkative, from farfara, to become agitated, become talkative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)