from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Theatrical arts or performances.
- n. Exaggerated emotional behavior calculated for effect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Exaggerated, overemotional behaviour, especially when calculated to elicit a response; melodramatics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The histrionic art; stageplaying; acting.
- n. Insincere, exaggeratedly emotional or overly dramatical speech or behavior performed to create an impression rather than as an expression of true feeling; feigned emotion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a performance of a play
- n. a deliberate display of emotion for effect
See the etymology of histrionic. (Wiktionary)