from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pageants and their presentation.
- n. Grand display; pomp.
- n. Empty show; flashy display.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pageant; a colourful show or display, as in a pageant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Scenic shows or spectacles, taken collectively; spectacular quality; splendor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pageants collectively; theatrical display; splendid display in general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an elaborate representation of scenes from history etc; usually involves a parade with rich costumes
- n. a rich and spectacular ceremony
Sorry, no etymologies found.