from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of dispersing or casting off spores.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of bringing down or humbling.
- n. The state of being rejected or cast out.
- n. A low or downcast state; meanness of spirit; abasement; degradation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of casting away or down; the act of humbling or abasing; abasement.
- n. The state of being cast down or away; hence, a low state; meanness of spirit; baseness; groveling humility; abjectness.
- n. Rejection; expulsion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a low or downcast state
Sorry, no etymologies found.