from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of sob.
- n. Action of the verb to sob.
- adj. That or who sobs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A series of short, convulsive inspirations, the glottis being suddenly closed so that little or no air enters into the lungs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who sobs; a series of sobs or sounds of a similar nature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. convulsive gasp made while weeping
Sorry, no etymologies found.