from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Filled with or accompanied by tears: tearful eyes; a tearful farewell.
- adj. So piteous as to excite tears: a tearful melodrama.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. accompanied by tears.
- adj. sorrowful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with tears; weeping; shedding tears.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of tears; shedding tears; weeping; mourning.
- Giving occasion for tears; mournful; melancholy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. filled with or marked by tears
- adj. showing sorrow
tear + -ful (Wiktionary)