from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of sell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of sell.
- n. solary; military pay
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. & p. p. of sell.
- n. Solary; military pay.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit and past participle of sell.
- n. Pay (of soldiers, etc.); salary.
- To pay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. disposed of to a purchaser
French solde. See soldier, and compare sou. (Wiktionary)