from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a solemn manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a solemn manner; with gravity; seriously; formally.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a solemn manner.
- With impressive seriousness.
- With all due form; ceremoniously; formally; regularly: as, this question has been solemnly decided in the highest courts.
- With formal gravity, importance, or stateliness; with pompous or affected gravity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a grave and sedate manner
solemn + -ly (Wiktionary)