from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A synthetic fiber or fabric made from a polymer containing polyurethane, used in the manufacture of elastic clothing.
- adj. Of or relating to spandex or its elastic qualities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a synthetic fibre known for its exceptional elasticity
- n. clothing made from such material
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an elastic synthetic fabric
Alteration of expand.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Coined as an anagram of the word expands (Wiktionary)