from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A spectroscope equipped to photograph or otherwise record spectra.
- n. A spectrogram.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A machine for recording spectra, producing spectrograms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An apparatus for photographing or mapping a spectrum.
- n. A photograph or picture of a spectrum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An apparatus designed to give a representation of the spectrum from any source, particularly one in which photography is employed; a spectroscope in which a sensitive photographic plate takes the placeof the eyepiece of the observing telescope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a photographic record of a spectrum
- n. a spectroscope by which spectra can be photographed
spectro- + -graph (Wiktionary)