from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like a spheroid. Roughly spherical, approximately round, roughly ball shaped.
- n. A spheroid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of a spheroid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to, or having the form of, a spheroid.
- In crystallography, globose; bounded by several convex faces.
- In entomology, round and prominent, appearing like a ball or sphere partly buried in the surface: as, spheroidal eyes: spheroidal eoxæ.
- In petrography, noting the cracking or parting of rocks upon shrinking, commonly from cooling, whereby they break into spheroidal masses. It is the same phenomenon as perlitic cracking in volcanic glasses. The term is sometimes used as a synonym of orbicular as applied to certain granites and diorites.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the nature or shape of an ellipsoid
Sorry, no etymologies found.