from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Windblown sea spray. Also called spoondrift.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. sea spray blown from the tops of waves by the wind
- n. snow blown by the wind at sea
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as spoondrift.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, the spray of salt water blown along the surface of the sea in heavy winds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. spray blown up from the surface of the sea
Variant of Scots spenedrift : spene (variant of obsolete spoon, to run before the wind) + drift.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)