from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The partner in a comedy team who feeds lines to the other comedian; a straight man.
- n. One who allows oneself to be used for another's profit or advantage; a puppet.
- n. Slang A stool pigeon.
- intransitive v. To be a stooge or behave like one.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who knowingly allows himself or herself to be used for another's profit; a dupe.
- n. A straight man
- n. A secret informant for police.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person of unquestioning obedience
- n. a victim of ridicule or pranks
- v. act as a stooge, in a compliant or subordinate manner
- v. cruise in slow or routine flights
- v. act as the stooge
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)