from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something to play with; a toy.
- n. One treated as a toy: a plaything of fate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thing or person intended for playing with.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thing to play with; a toy; anything that serves to amuse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A toy; anything that serves to amuse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an artifact designed to be played with
Sorry, no etymologies found.