from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art or practice of rapid writing or shorthand, especially the stenography of the ancient Greeks and Romans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art and practice of rapid writing.
- n. Stenography or shorthand as done in ancient and mediæval times.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or practice of rapid writing; shorthand writing; stenography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Stenography, or the art of writing in abbreviations: used especially for the stenographic systems of the ancient Greeks and Romans. The signs used by the Romans were known as Tironian notes. See Tironian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a method of writing rapidly
tachy- + -graphy (Wiktionary)