from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sheep in its second year or before its first shearing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a sheep (originally a ewe) that is one to two years old
- n. a doe in its second year
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sheep in its second year; also, a doe in its second year.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female fallow-deer; a doe in the second year.
- n. Same as tag.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. two-year-old sheep
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Origin uncertain. (Wiktionary)