from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various mineral concretions, such as a belemnite, formerly supposed to be thunderbolts.
- n. Archaic A flash of lightning conceived as a stone; a thunderbolt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thunderbolt.
- n. A stone or fossil of a kind once thought to be fallen thunderbolts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thunderbolt, -- formerly believed to be a stone.
- n. A belemnite. See Belemnite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as thunderbolt, 1, 2.
- n. Same as thunderbolt, 3 and .
Sorry, no etymologies found.