from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A puff on a cigarette, marijuana cigarette, or pipe containing hashish or another mind-altering substance.
- transitive v. To puff or smoke (a marijuana cigarette, for example) or to engage in such activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gratuity.
- v. To give a gratuity to.
- n. A puff of marijuana.
- v. To smoke marijuana.
- v. To inhale a puff of marijuana
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A piece or a bit, as of tobacco or bread.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a puff of a marijuana or hashish cigarette
Perhaps from Spanish toque, a hit, a turn, from tocar, to touch, from Vulgar Latin *toccāre.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Clipping of token. (Wiktionary)
Presumably from Spanish tocar ("touch"). Noun sense 1968, verb 1952. (Wiktionary)