from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of tampion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of tampion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stopper of a cannon or a musket. See tampion.
- n. A plug in a flute or an organ pipe, to modulate the tone.
- n. The iron bottom to which grapeshot are fixed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as tampion.
- n. The inking-pad of a lithographic printer. Also tampon.
- n. A watch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plug for the muzzle of a gun to keep out dust and moisture
Sorry, no etymologies found.