from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that tones, as:
- n. A chemical bath used to change the color of a photographic print or to preserve black-and-white prints or movie film.
- n. A powdery ink used dry or suspended in a liquid to produce a photocopy.
- n. A lotion used to refresh the skin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. powder used in laser printers and photocopiers to form the text and images on the printed paper
- n. cosmetic lotion designed to cleanse the skin and shrink pores, usually used on the face
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which tones.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a black or colored powder used in a printer to develop a xerographic image
- n. a lotion for cleansing the skin and contracting the pores
- n. a solution containing chemicals that can change the color of a photographic print
Sorry, no etymologies found.