from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who owns (something).
- n. captain of a ship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who owns; a rightful proprietor; one who has the legal or rightful title, whether he is the possessor or not.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who owns; the rightful proprietor; one who has the legal or rightful title, whether he is the possessor or not; in a general sense, one who has or possesses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) someone who owns (is legal possessor of) a business
- n. a person who owns something
own + -er (Wiktionary)