from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. able to be transferred
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being transferred or conveyed from one place or person to another.
- adj. Negotiable, as a note, bill of exchange, or other evidence of property, that may be conveyed from one person to another by indorsement or other writing; capable of being transferred with no loss of value.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being transferred, or conveyed from one place or person to another; specifically, capable of being legitimately passed into the possession of another, and legally conveying all appertaining rights, etc., to the new holder: as, that ticket or pass is not transferable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. legally transferable to the ownership of another
- adj. capable of being moved or conveyed from one place to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.