from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex.
- n. One who has undergone a sex change.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being a transsexual.
- n. A person whose gender self-image contradicts with the physical gender he/she was born with.
- n. One who has changed or is in the process of changing his/her physical sex by undergoing medical treatment such as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and/or sex reassignment surgery (SRS).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex
- n. a person who has undergone a sex change operation
- adj. overwhelmingly desirous of being, or completely identifying with, the opposite sex
trans- + sexual (Wiktionary)