from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
- n. Usage Problem A homosexual person; a gay man or a lesbian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sexually attracted primarily to other members of the same sex. Either a male androphile or a female gynephile. Sometimes used in the sense of sole/exclusive attraction.
- adj. Pertaining to homosexuality, as a relationship, an attraction, a desire, etc.
- adj. Intended for or used by homosexuals, as a nightclub, a bar, etc.
- n. A person who is attracted solely or primarily to others of the same sex.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the same sex or to individuals of the same sex.
- Relating to homosexuality.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
- adj. sexually attracted to members of your own sex
From homo- + sexual, English from 1892. (Wiktionary)