from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who lacks belief or faith, especially in a particular religion; a nonbeliever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who does not believe, particularly in a deity (used by believers to describe other people)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who does not believe; an incredulous person; a doubter; a skeptic.
- n. A disbeliever; especially, one who does not believe that the Bible is a divine revelation, and holds that Christ was neither a divine nor a supernatural person; an infidel; a freethinker.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An incredulous person; one who does not believe.
- n. One who discredits Christian revelation, or the mission, character, and doctrines of Christ.
- n. One who does not believe in or hold any given religion.
- n. Synonyms Skeptic, Disbeliever, etc. See infidel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who refuses to believe (as in a divinity)
Sorry, no etymologies found.