from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An upper undergarment, typically having short or no sleeves, worn next to the skin under a shirt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an upper undergarment with no collar, and with short or no sleeves, worn next to the skin under a shirt; a singlet or (British) a vest
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shirt worn next the skin, under another shirt; -- called also undervest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shirt or similar garment, as of woolen, worn under a shirt and next to the skin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.