from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A man's jersey undershirt.
- n. Physics A multiplet with a single member.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vest; a sleeveless garment with a low-cut neck, often worn underneath a shirt.
- n. A multiplet having a single member, especially a single spectroscopic peak.
- n. A quantum state having zero spin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An unlined or undyed waistcoat; a single garment; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An unlined waistcoat: opposed to a doublet, which is lined.
- n. An undershirt or undervest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.