from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Devoid of meaning or sense; meaningless: gave a vapid and unmeaning response to a difficult query.
- adj. Lacking intelligence or liveliness of expression; vacant: an unmeaning face.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no meaning or significance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no meaning or signification.
- adj. Not indicating intelligence or sense; senseless; expressionless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having no meaning or signification: as, unmeaning words.
- Not having or not indicating intelligence or sense; mindless; senseless; expressionless.
un- + meaning (Wiktionary)