from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Contrary to truth.
- adj. Given to falsehood; mendacious. See Synonyms at dishonest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not giving the truth; providing untrue facts; lying.
- adj. Pertaining to falsehood; corrupt; dishonest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not truthful; unveracious; contrary to the truth or the fact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not truthful; wanting in veracity; contrary to the truth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not expressing or given to expressing the truth
Sorry, no etymologies found.