from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove a veil or covering from.
- transitive v. To disclose; reveal.
- intransitive v. To take off one's veil.
- intransitive v. To reveal oneself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a veil from; to divest of a veil; to uncover; to disclose to view; to reveal; as, she unveiled her face.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove a veil from; to divest of a veil; to uncover; to disclose to view; to reveal.
- intransitive v. To remove a veil; to reveal one's self.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove a veil from; uncover; disclose to view; reveal: as, to unveil a statue.
- To become unveiled; be disclosed to view; remove a veil; reveal one's self.
- Also unvail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the cover from
- v. make visible
- v. remove the veil from
un- + veil (Wiktionary)